Sunday, October 8, 2006

The Bridesmaid

OK, so, in about a month I will be the bridesmaid to a good friend who you have all met. It is an Indian-Italian wedding and for the ceremony, saris will be worn (picture to follow). For the reception, I was instructed to buy a black cocktail dress, no other suggestions or preferences were given. Last weekend, I discovered BCBG on Laurier St. with my mother and all the dresses were somehow, magically made for me- they all looked awesome, which is really rare! I bought the sexiest fucking one I tried on. I adore it. Please, allow yourselves to feast your eyes on THE BRIDESMAID'S DRESS. And feel free to share your thoughts on my damn hotness. Ha ha!


Now the issue is shoes. I have lots of trouble with accessories in general, especially shoes. I don't wear leather. And, I have very little fashion sense in general. So.... I need help. These sparkly silver and black babies I bought over the summer and never wore. I just tried them on today and they are comfortable, I like them. I know strappies are probably the sexiest and styliest way to go for the wedding, but I would really like your opinions on these.


Muchas gracias!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ey, I'm no expert, but I like 'em!

As far as your bikini problem goes, I guess it all depends on how many free drinks you want.

[Nice blog!]

Anonymous said...

ou absolutely smoke! But for shoes, do go strappier, open toe, wraparound the ankle, at least a four inch heel - higher if you can. Otherwise you're diluting the effect of the dress. Please don't let that happen. You look so hot in that dress you could torch the building if you don't watch it. How many times in one's life do we get to smoke out the competition? Go for the killer shoes, lose the ones on the pictures.

Anonymous said...

I have that dress in red and the love I feel for it is unreal. lol

Anonymous said...

Love the dress. Love BCBG! FYI there is an outlet at Vaughn Mills Mall that I just discovered. Well worth the journey!

As for the shoes. I have to agree with anon. strappy and black is the way to go. I don't think has to be sandal if it's in november and doesn't have to be 4" but the silver take away from the dress. Too much black detailing to go with silver.

shouldn't be too hard to find in non leather!

Anonymous said...

Hey there.

Agreed on the dress, it looks amazing. But are there "rules" for weddings? Like going dressed too s-hex-y? I guess not., It does look great and there is a BCBG near me at work I will try out now. I have a wedding to go to as well in December (in Texas though, warm weather). Maybe I can just grow some bigger boobs and borrow your dress!

shoes : agreed with all above. The black ones in the pic are too casual and take away from the dress. The Silver ones are cute but too Silver and take away from the dress. Black, strappy. done and done.

I think Aldo has lots of non-leather stuff, no?