Monday, January 22, 2007

Anyone have an extra $10,000?

So last night Cuddles and I watched "The Devil Wears Prada" and I'm not going into the whole convo but at some point he said "Man she looked HOT in those clothes!" meaning, when Anne Hathaway makes the transformation from bulky Gap sweater to chic Dolce & Gabanna model. For the rest of the movie she walks around in impossibly expensive clothes with supa-high heels.

Yes, she looks hot, and expensive, and maybe a little uncomfortable.

Looking at one's wardrobe after watching such a movie is like eating a Tic Tac to satisfy a chocolate ice cream craving. It just doesn't cut it.

Not sure I can do anything about that though, and definitely made myself feel better by telling Cuddles that if I pranced around in those outfits on a daily basis, he would think I was one low-cut, bollowy-dress, cinched-at-the-waist-with-a-ridiculously-large-belt wearing freak. I think it worked in the movie because EVERYONE was dressed that way. But in the context of "normal" work? Well... what do you think...





















Dammit, she does look good.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

I think you can pretty much pull anything off if you feel comfortable in it. Cliche? Yes. But the reason cliches become such is because being so true they are often repeated.

Lola x

Superstaaah said...

Um, if you remember, I live/work in THAT world. The people surround me dress in the most fashionable, expensive and oddest things. I would say that half of them can pull it off, the rest.... well, ometimes I have to wonder if they got dressed in the dark!

But being in that world it has given me a new found appreciation for well designed garments. I have to say these clothes do make you look better. They just fit better.

That being said, I agree with Lola, it's still all in how you wear it!

Anonymous said...

I am not sure I'd feel comfortable in the highest fashion clothes! When it all boils down, all I need are my jeans, plain sweaters, t-shirts and a few funky tops for going out. I kind of wish the rest: shoes, belts, how everything looks together didn't matter so much!

my mother wants to buy me a celebratory work outfit!! Perhaps I should take my camera out shopping this weekend???

Superstaaah said...

I also wanted to add that a few months back for shits and giggles I went to Rodeo Drive and tried on clothes. I do have to say that the $5000 Badgley Mischka cocktail dress was the best fitting, nicest garnment I have ever placed on my body!

Hubba Bee Bee - I guarantee you try it sometime. Go to Holtz and try on the most ridiculously priced designer garnment you can find, then let me know if you still feel that you wouldn't be "comfortable" in high fashion clothes. (oh and take a picture of it so we can see the results : )